THIS BLOG HAS MOVED

Hello, everyone. This blog has moved to JOHNVOELZ.COM!


Monday, April 07, 2008

A Few Trixies up Their Sleeves



I made so much fun of my friends when they geeked out over Transformers. "How could you get so fired up over a dumb cartoon turned movie?" I said. Transformers? You guys probably never had girlfriends growing up. How old were you when you first kissed a girl?

The tables have turned.

Those friends are all ten years younger than me.

Now, the shoe is on the other foot. I am the geek.

I grew up with Speed Racer. I had the merch. I watched it every day. And, yeah, I role played with the kids in the neighborhood. Mach 5 and Racer X were part of my vocab as a kid. I always thought Trixie would make the best girlfriend as a kid (and my wife wants helicopter lessons which I find hot).

Am I excited about this movie? Well, throw the Wachowski brothers into the mix (yes, I was and am a Matrix geek and even though they didn't direct V for Vendetta, they wrote that one and I was a fan as well) and I am sold out.

I cannot wait for this movie.

The Wachowski's will once again wow us with some "new" special effects for sure. After The Matrix movies, we saw "bullet time" and slow-mo roundhouse kicks show up in so many different movies and animated features it was unbelievable. The Matrix hat tip showed up in movies and TV from Kung Pow: Enter the Fist to Shrek to The Family Guy. This new movie will not disappoint with CG and lighting that look like the offspring of HD and 3D. Except the 3D actually looks 2D if you can follow my thinking. These guys have managed to make a live-action film look like a cartoon--but then again, not.

And I'm glad to know Matthew Fox (Racer X) had something to do while making us wait for new LOST episodes.

Here he comes
Here comes Speed Racer
He's a demon on wheels
He's a demon and he's gonna be chasin' after someone.

He's gainin' on you so you better look alive.
He's busy revvin' up a powerful Mach 5.

And when the odds are against him
And there's dangerous work to do
You bet your life Speed Racer
Will see it through.

Go Speed Racer
Go Speed Racer
Go Speed Racer, Go!

He's off and flyin' as he guns the car around the track
He's jammin' down the pedal like he's never comin' back
Adventure's waitin' just ahead.

Go Speed Racer
Go Speed Racer
Go Speed Racer, Go!

I wonder if some cool band will cover the original theme song or they will rewrite it.

I wonder if Emile Hirsch will ever blink his eyes.

Again, can't wait.

2 comments:

Paul J. said...

Me Too!!! Me Too!!!

John In Colorado said...

sweetness. maybe the wach bros will take it to the next level (matrix is my fav.) isn't that andy hunter in the trailer - the christian techno guy?