THIS BLOG HAS MOVED

Hello, everyone. This blog has moved to JOHNVOELZ.COM!


Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Vertizontal Song of the Week for the week of March 9, 2008


The Vertizontal song of the week for the week of March 9th (yeah, I know it’s the 12th) is by Five O’Clock People entitled, “autumn.” You will find the song of the week in the right hand column of this blog. See?

Dang. I love these guys.

The first time I heard this song a couple of weeks ago I had to pull to the side of the road and cry. Admittedly, I didn’t even know what it was about the first time through : : : I was caught up in the emotion of the song. The movement. The mix. The texture. The sonic space. The uncalculated phrasing. The unpredictability. The freshness.

The lyrics to each song on their new album are printed as one long uninterrupted piece of prose and that is how they are reprinted here.

I posted a few days ago about this album. Read the entire review here.

AUTUMN Swing me back again, Oh I want to believe for one last time do we just pretend to say it all again break it down is it still behind you now it seems real and you want her you’ve become her and you wonder where she’s gone unrequited still you fight it somewhere in your eyes I find I can still recall the stars aligned I can’t believe it when my favorite story ends did you break down afraid of what you found are we still here and you want her you’ve become her and you wonder where she’s gone you regret it but you meant it I have seen this fall to pieces and still return return return could we just pretend to say it all again stare it down and drag for what you’ve drowned disbelieving still you want her you’ve become her and you wonder where she’s gone did she find you undermine you and I have seen this fall to pieces and still return return return I have seen this fall beneath us still I will ask return return return

Words by Alex Walker
Music by Alex Walker and Patrick Tetreault
©rushhour/Glass Joe Music


If you would like your piece of original music considered for The Vertizontal Song of the Week, please send your mp3 and brief description of the song to john@westwinds.org.

0 comments: