THIS BLOG HAS MOVED

Hello, everyone. This blog has moved to JOHNVOELZ.COM!


Tuesday, February 26, 2008

K. TTYL. Bono.


Talk about power. How would you like to pull some strings and get any cell number you want? I thought this was great (reprinted from MTV News)

Not only did Frames singer Glen Hansard pick up an Oscar on Sunday night for Best Original Song (for "Falling Slowly" from "Once"), he got an ever bigger prize when a congratulatory text from fellow countryman Bono showed up on his phone. In an interview with Ireland's RTE radio, Hansard said, "What was really amazing for me was getting texts from family and friends. It was amazing beforehand, and then I got a text from Bono, and I was like, 'Ah, my God, that's just amazing.' For me it was just like getting a text off the King of the Tribe." According to reports, the message read, "A busker who plays the Oscars, that's the poetry." Hansard also revealed that he and singing partner Marketa Irglova plan to tour the U.S. in the next few months.

0 comments: