THIS BLOG HAS MOVED

Hello, everyone. This blog has moved to JOHNVOELZ.COM!


Friday, December 16, 2011

STAR WARS Christmas



Star Wars Christmas

They say it’s better to give than to receive
But if I’m honest, that’s not something I always believe
I know that my home is chock full of . . .
Books I haven’t read and stuff that . . .
ends up in garage sales down the line.
I know I’ve got too many clothes . . .
More shoes than my wife, I know I should be so content and feeling fine.
And I am content for the most part.
But this Christmas there’s a few things that would really touch my heart.

I want the Star Wars figures that I had as a child
I want the Landspeeder that takes Luke for a ride
I want the telescoping lightsaber Vader. It sucks . . .
Cause my mom threw it out now it’s worth 6 thousand bucks.
A Millennium Falcon I can hang from the ceiling
And C3-PO, now my mind is reeling
With my R2-D2, the world was right.
I want my X-Wing fighter with the flashing laser light.

This Christmas we agreed to not spend money
‘Cause we’ve got each other, baby, sweetie, honey
This season we are low on cash . . .
I’ve entertained the “dine and dash” . . .
I need new breaks and the warranty will soon expire.
I don’t need new things, I’ve got plenty . . .
But those little Jawas—I had twenty
And with eBay you and I could both retire.

I want my Star Wars figures I had as a boy
I want my light saber, Sandtrooper, Power Droid
I want the Death Star Playset that we lit on fire
So many discarded, so many buyers
I want the D4 that we thought was lame
Even that guy we didn’t know his name
The badly cast Luke and the Leia that faded
I won’t make them kiss now that I know they’re related

And Santa, not too many more requests
But that elusive Rocket Firing Boba Fett
And that original Jawa with the vinyl cape
And the blue Snaggletooth I fixed with Dad’s duct tape

I want the Star Wars figures that I had back then
In the original packages they all came in
I want my Ben Kenobi the Jedi Master
Imperial Stormtrooper with the blaster
Want a time machine back to ‘78
So I could tell myself on my tenth birthday
Don’t unwrap the Hammerhead, hide it, save
Cause one day you’ll need to sell it to make the house payment

blog comments powered by Disqus