THIS BLOG HAS MOVED

Hello, everyone. This blog has moved to JOHNVOELZ.COM!


Thursday, October 15, 2009

Halloween. Time to Burn Bibles.



I don't think this is what is meant by, "Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light for my path." Oops, I should use my King James: THY word is a lamp UNTO my feet and a light UNTO my path." Wouldn't want my blog banned by this church.

There are so many painful things about this video, I would rather focus on the humorous to stop from crying.

Watch the video. Then, watch it again with the list below.

Noteworthy:

1. The pastor's incredible fashion sense
2. The amazing irony of the church name in light of this
3. The freefoto.com logo in the bottom of the picture of fire they used for their flyer.
4. The irony of "celebrating" (see flyer) Halloween with a bonfire of Bibles.
5. The length of their website URL http://www.amazinggracebaptistchurchkjv.com
6. The fact there are 39 characters in the URL which, when multiplied times the pastor's IQ equals 666. Coincidence?
7. At 0:25 seconds into the clip, Dale Gribble from King of the Hill is actually standing behind the pastor (see photo).
8. The incredible number of members. And, the souls "saved from Hell" (see sign).
9. "Bar-b-Que Chicken, fried chicken, and all the sides!" The chicken didn't speak English. He had to die.
10. Apparently God came for the English speaking people. And the people who speak whatever language this guy is speaking.
11. The event goes from 7:00PM - TILL. I didn't know what time TILL was, so I looked it up. Apparently, TILL time varies upon the crop. But, after everyone has burned the bibles, the tilling will begin. Make no mistake. It's about community.
12. The spelling of Mark Driscoll's name. "Driskol." Understandable. Phonetically, it sounds a lot like Skoal chewing tobacco. Thus, the K.
13. The flyer lists many kinds of music that will be burned--including C-o-n-t-e-m-p-o-r-y Christian music. I am not aware of what this is. I looked it up. The dictionary says, Contempory (ken-temp'-oh-ree) 1.(adj) a common misspelling of the word contemporary by people who burn bibles while eating fried chicken and all the sides.

I could go on but I'll stop at 13. Good number for Halloween.

see #7




HT: Various Parables (for the video)

blog comments powered by Disqus