THIS BLOG HAS MOVED

Hello, everyone. This blog has moved to JOHNVOELZ.COM!


Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Frightening Japanese Sex Ed

The following video has a PG-13 rating.

I guess this is Japan’s version of “Where Did I Come From?” or “Everybody Poops.”

Inochi is a creepy looking pubescent peculiar creature that teaches young men it’s okay and normal to get erections. And, apparently, to have extremely large heads.

When I was in 6th grade, we were forced to watch strange sex ed movies with really bad humor. I so wish Inochi was around then. We could have had some good laughs. Then again, this may have scarred me.

Parents, please have real conversations with your children about sexuality.

I don't know if I'll be able to fall asleep tonight.

What I do appreciate about the video is I don't think they are trying to be nasty. It isn't overtly and unnecessarily sexual. I get it.

But, I think things of this nature outside of real conversation have the potential to further confuse sexuality for kids. Sex isn't just something you do, or have, or have happen to you. So, I don't know how helpful this is.

What do you think?

blog comments powered by Disqus